09 December 2009

Cookie time!

Just look at these beauties. These might be the prettiest cookies ever. I saw these on The Kitchn today, and my heart fluttered a little. One of the commenters said they're quick, but it sure looks to me like they'd take a long time. I'm not a fan of rolling and cutting cookie dough anyway--I'm better with drop cookies--but I definitely want to try these.

Not this year, though. I'm all about quick and easy this holiday season. Next year I'll be more on top of things and I'll have time for complicated cookie cutters. Yeah, right. :)

So here's my cookie plan for this holiday season:
Gingerbread cutouts--people, candy canes, and other holiday shapes.
Lemon Snowballs, for a fun twist on a cookie standard.
Peanut Butter Surprise cookies, from my new favorite blog, Bake or Break. Except I'll be making these gluten-free, with this gluten-free peanut butter cookie recipe. It only has three ingredients! (Four, if you include the peanut butter cups.)
Candied Bacon Fudge, because I just have to try something that sounds so bizarre.

I feel like I need more, though. Any suggestions? What are you baking this year?

Tell you what--if you send me a suggestion that sounds so good I just have to bake it, and you're not opposed to being in the spotlight, I'll feature you and your recipe here next week. Kind of a mini-contest. If you're in to that sort of thing.

Leave me a comment or email me with your suggestion by this Friday (December 11, 2009) at 11:59pm. If your recipe is chosen, I will contact you by Monday the 14th with more details.

Are you ready? Great! Now send in those ideas! :)