28 January 2010

buttercup bag


Wow. I can't believe I waited this long to make a Buttercup Bag and it only took me 3 hours! Silly girl. I put it off for so long, thinking it would be a tough project, but it was easy as pie...er...smooth as butter. :) Rae's pattern is quite easy to follow, even for a lazy novice like me.

It is quite small--about 10"x6"--but Rae gives instructions for making it bigger. I can fit my checkbook-size wallet, keys, and phone...maybe a diaper and a tiny box of raisins. This toddler mama will definitely be making a bigger one, but I need to make a trip to the fabric store first.



Don't you just love that dandelion fabric? I'm going to make some owlies with dandelion wings, as well. The bag has a sweet little pocket that is the perfect size for my phone, plus a magnetic closure to keep it neat. I'm in love with my sweet little bag.


7 comments:

marisa said...

gorgeous + really well done.

Marisa@make*happy said...

Thank you! I had to do a double-take when I saw your comment...I didn't remember leaving a comment on this post. Turns out we just have the same (rare) name. :)

Jen said...

I love it! I want to make one...but maybe I should finish a few other projects first. :)

Marisa@make*happy said...

Oh, no, Jen! You should do it now. I finished it in one night. You would, too, I bet. The other projects can wait one night, right? :)

abby @ tales and trials said...

I'm in love with your bag too!! Love your fabrics.

Bcieloha said...

I want one!

Genelle said...

Love this!! Such a cute little bag; I had to run out and buy fabric to make my own the minute I saw it. And it really was easy, you are so right! Here's mine:
http://sleeplessinsandy.blogspot.com/2010/06/buttercup-bag.html
I linked back here as well. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...