11 May 2010

root beer cookies

I love these cookies. I saw them originally on Make&Takes. They are so different, and...weird. At least that's what I thought when I first saw the recipe. How would root beer taste in a cookie?

But it tastes just like that. Root beer. In a cookie. And it's SO yummy and after the first one or two, you forget that it's supposed to be weird and just think it's good.

Visit Make&Takes for the recipe. (And stick around and explore, because there are tons of good ideas over there!) 

And make these cookies! I know you know someone that loves root beer. We all know at least one root beer fanatic. Wouldn't it be fun to surprise them with this treat?

Oh, and I know what you're thinking. You're thinking you can make those cookies and skip the frosting because you don't like cookies with frosting or you're trying to save calories or something. Don't do it. Make the frosting. These cookies would be terribly boring without it. Trust me.

Oh, and one more tip. Make sure that the cookies look dry and puffed when you take them out of the oven. The recipe isn't too descriptive about what they should look like. They will not continue to cook when you take them out of the oven. They will not firm up. They will be limp and soggy and yucky. Make sure the tops are dry.

And if you happen to be making two different kinds of cookies, but need to turn the oven off in between batches because you forgot the root beer cookie dough has to chill for an hour? Make sure you turn the oven back on before you put the root beer cookies in. Even though the oven sounds like it's on, because the fan is still running, it doesn't mean it's on. Double check. Don't ask me how I know. Just sayin'.