13 August 2010

weeding the blog

IMG_1102blog
No, those aren't weeds. They're garlic scapes. Tasty tendrils produced by garlic plants that provide a mild garlic taste. I used some a while back in guacamole. Delicious. Hubs made a stir fry with the rest of them. While it was tasty, the stir fry was not very photogenic, so my idea for a second garlic scape post went out the window. I've been hanging on to this pretty picture for a few months now, waiting for the right time to use it. But summer is nearing an end and it will soon be irrelevant, so I'm using it today.

What I mean by "weeding the blog" is that I've got a few things to share with you, but none are so big to require their own post--so I'm tending to the blog, doing some maintenance, "weeding" it. (It's a stretch, I know.)

1) I'm quite displeased with the way Blogger is handling my extra large photos lately. I'm currently trying the Flickr method for posting photos. I have a feeling it will be more work than I want. We'll see.

2) I've grown tired of referring to my children as "H" and "J." There are lots of bloggers out there that use real names; full names, even. I sometimes envy their confidence. But Hubs and I are just a little too cautious of the Internet world to do that. So I'm going to try out nicknames, which I hope will be cute, but not annoyingly so.

So J, my almost 3yr old son, will now be referred to as The Little Mister.
H, my 6-going-on-16yr old daughter, will now be known as Sweetpea.

I reserve the right to vary the nicknames at times. But they will most likely be gender specific, so I hope it's not too confusing.

3) I spent all last week trying out new recipes. I would find something on a blog in the morning and be cooking it by 5pm. I love weeks like that! It's my kind of spontaneity.

I looked at my photo records of these new recipes, and most of them were breakfast-related. So next week I'm going to share my new breakfast ideas with you. I hope you're a breakfast-lover like I am. I would be thrilled to eat breakfast foods for every meal, every day.  

OK, so I'd have to throw a burger in every now and then. But a steady diet of scrambled eggs and crispy hash browns would make me a happy girl.

What's your favorite breakfast food? 

6 comments:

Bcieloha said...

Mmmmm. Breakfast for every meal of the day? I could handle that!

abby @ tales and trials said...

I think your blog ate my last comment? :(

Anyhoo I love breakfast and my favorite is biscuits and gravy. SO GOOD!

Ellen said...

Have a fun weekend! smiles.

Bcieloha said...

I've never tried garlic scapes before. If we are able to find any more garlic in our yard i'll be looking for these!!

Cathy said...

Yum! I love breakfast. Hash browns and bacon. Lots of bacon. As a little housekeeping note, I see one more spot to change J to The Little Mister over in your sidebar (where you write about using J's nap time to blog). Sorry if that's rude. I'm not trying to be because I really do love your blog!

Marisa said...

These breakfast ideas are making me hungry. :)

Ooh, thanks for catching that Cathy! (Not rude at all. I can be a bit scatterbrained at times and forget silly things like that.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...