10 April 2011

using up eyelets

I started making cards and scrapbooking 10 years ago. Paper crafts have come a long way in those ten years. Back then, embellishments were very simple. Round, colored eyelets were all the rage. I collected quite an array of eyelets, but since I only used 2-4 on a card (in the corners, of course), I didn't go through them very quickly.

Fast forward to 2011. I have given up scrapbooking and now use Blurb to slurp my family blog into a hardcover photo book each year. (Or at least that's the plan. I have 2008 printed, and am almost ready to send in 2009. I'm a little behind.) I still make cards, but I make them at night, and try to avoid hammering eyelets when the kiddos are asleep. So the eyelets just sit. . . and sit. . . 

But a few weeks ago I saw this post on Designs by Jax about cards made with buttons. And I thought, "Buttons are round. Eyelets are round. And I do love me some rainbows!" So I gave her design a spin with eyelets. 

The eyelets definitely give a more subtle look than the buttons, but I like it. And I used thirteen eyelets on one card! That's a record for me. I'm making it a goal to use up my eyelets by the end of 2012. I can do it.