03 September 2012

247/366 butterfly mobile

I made these butterflies out of cardstock and tissue paper when I was pregnant with Sweetpea. I used a template from Martha Stewart (I looked, but can't find it online anymore) and painstakingly cut out the pieces and selected tissue colors. Boy, I had a lot of free time back then.

Anyway, we used the butterflies as a baby mobile, and have asked her several times if she's tired of them, but they keep moving with us. They've been over her bed for more than eight years. They're starting to tear, though, and some have faded, so I told her she should consider parting with them soon. 

Isn't it always the simplest things—paper and thread, a cardboard box, ribbon from a gift—that captivate children?

9 comments:

Cathy said...

You'll have to scrapbook those for her when she finally decides to take them down. Or at least save one of them. I remember all the stuff I made for my first classroom all those years ago before I had stuff to do all day long.

Marisa said...

Good ideas!

Anonymous said...

I was going to say that too, save at least one for a memory book. Along with that great pic of them!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I've been looking for this template for ages and even contacted MS.com to ask them to send it to me...good luck. I bought all the supplies but alas can't find the template until I found you. Would you be willing to send it to me? Or could you possibly post it? I would much appreciate it. I got my girls all worked up over it...;-((

Marisa said...

Hi Anonymous,

I did a quick search and found this image, that's pretty similar: http://www.thecraftbarn.co.uk/product.php/28898/martha-stewart-punch-monarch-butterfly

Maybe you could enlarge it and make it work?

I'll check my stash and see if I still have the printout. I'll report back here in the next day or two.

Marisa said...

I found my template! I don't think I'm allowed to reproduce it here without permission, but I can email it to you if you're interested. I have already emailed it to "Anonymous" up there, but if anyone else reads this and is interested, send me an email.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marissa,

I would also love the template for the butterflies as I have been searching too with no avail...
as I want to make them for my daughters birthday party in a couple of weeks
not sure though how to give you my email address without having it posted.. please advise
thanx

Linda g said...

Hi Marissa,

I too have been searching for the MS butterfly template with no avail. Would you please send it to me? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks. Linda G

Marisa said...

Hi Linda,

Let me know where to send it and I'll do my best.
Thanks!
Marisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...