03 December 2012

338/366 mini photographer

We put up a tree today. I'm a little worried it won't last until the 25th, but I had an opportunity and chose to seize it. I gave it a fresh cut and will be checking the water level obsessively. 

After we put the ornaments on, I turned off the room lights to take some pictures. (Which, by the way, is hard. White balance and exposure with white lcds is hard. Goal for the month.) Sweetpea grabbed her new-to-her camera immediately. She took pictures of the tree, pictures of the tree's reflection, macro pictures of ornaments, pictures looking up while laying on the ground. . . my heart swelled with pride for my mini photographer. I think this summer I'll teach her manual settings.

Edited at 11:08pm to add another edit. The one on top is an accurate portrayal of the lighting at the time, but I like the detail that comes out with the lighter one. Hmm. Which do you like better?

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I feel the same way about our tree - we got it this weekend, so early for us. We usually don't get it till later in the month. Hope the needles stay on it till the 25th! HA!
Christmas tree light photos are so hard...let me know if you have any luck with it! Though I'd say you know what you are doing by the looks of this photo! Great shot! Love that you caught her snapping away. :)

Jen said...

A real tree? Yay!

Cathy said...

I'm not sure why but I just love this picture. And I love that you went with the real tree too.

Grandpa Bill said...

I think what I love about this is how much my grandbaby thinks outside of herself, immersing herself in photography this time and in ballet next time. I'm sure she takes a loop through me-me-me land once in a while, but some kids spend their whole lives there.

Geez, you're a good mom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...