14 April 2013

tulip lessons



I liked the way the setting sun was lighting the tulips on the table at dinner. After we finished eating and cleared the table, I took a few shots. The light was fading quickly, and I didn't like how high I had to push my ISO, so I lugged out the tripod. I set my ISO back low (320) and lowered my shutter speed to 1/4 of a second. 

I learned two things:

1) My macro shots are so much sharper when I use the tripod! I really need to use it every time I macro.

2) My tripod is magic. It turned near darkness into daylight. The following photo was taken with a slow shutter speed, thanks to the tripod. Immediately after, I raised my shutter speed and took the last photo to show how dark it actually was. See? Magic tripod.





3 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful! Tulips are one of my favorite flowers. I need to use my tripod more when I use my macro lens. I'm sure I would see the difference in my photos too.

Grandpa Bill said...

Pretty jazzed by the textures: glass, water, blossoms, steel, wood...all made possible by the light and the tripod. You have a great eye.

Barb said...

Seriously gorgeous! I am blown away by the first one! And, I am impressed at what the tripod can do. May have to break my out and buy myself some flowers to practice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...