02 March 2010

shower of flowers

My sister-in-law's wedding shower was last weekend. The weekend before that, I received a bag of these lovely paper flowers (they are here, if you're interested). The colors of the flowers just happened to coordinate with the colors in the vintage wedding wrapping paper I found, so I had to use them for her card.

Clusters of brightly colored flowers can only be wildflowers, so that idea is what prompted the saying. I know I've heard something similar before, but Google couldn't help me identify it, so I just winged it. It worked. I think the saying is very appropriate for young, vibrant, almost-newlywed love. :)

6 comments:

Bcieloha said...

I'm part of your blog.. :D I LOVED this card by the way.

Marisa@make*happy said...

I'm glad you liked it, Buttercup! :)

Grandpa Bill said...

One of the most beautiful(flowers and verse)cards you've ever made! I agree, perfect for newly betrothed. You are SO talented!! nana/ma

abby @ tales and trials said...

I really like the card you made. Love the wording {and your handwriting!} I used to make cards in college but haven't made any in a long time.

Marisa@make*happy said...

Thanks, Abby! It started (9 years ago!) as a way to save money, but that is probably no longer the case. :) Now my friends and family come to expect it, and I feel like I'm selling out if I buy a premade card.

I'll give it up someday...but not just yet.

Marisa@make*happy said...

Thanks, Mom! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...