02 June 2010

apple pie bread

When my friend Elizabeth mentioned she was making Apple Pie Bread, I knew immediately that I had to have some. She lives an hour away, so instead of running over and begging at her door, I decided to make a loaf for myself.

This is the recipe I used. It's good, though I expected it to be more apple-y. I made my own apple pie filling, using the "apple topping" portion of this recipe as a guideline. 

I only needed 1 1/4 cups of pie filling, so I had a lot leftover.

The bread on it's own was so-so.

These were clues. Clues to a mystery.

I solved the mystery.

I made French toast with the apple pie bread, and topped it with the extra pie filling.

Oh yum.

I would love to show you photos of this happy accident. I even have some, just not with me at the moment. But I promise that next time I will be back with lovely photos of scrumptious, cinnamon-y, apple-y French toast. I know you're on the edge of your seat.