03 June 2010

can't leave home without it.

What are your must-haves for leaving the house? What do you need to take with you? Thursday on Petit Elephant, Allison displayed the contents of her purse. I loved the idea, so I'm shamelessly copying her.

Before I get into that, I need to tell you about my bag. I love my bag. When I was finally ready to make the switch from diaper bag (or, really, giant purse) to normal-sized purse, I took it very seriously. I searched endlessly online, in stores, in magazines. I was finally going to allow myself to spend some money on a real deal bag, and I wanted to make sure I got the right one. I finally fell in love with this Guess bag, and it just so happened to be on clearance. It was a sign. I originally wanted it in pink, but decided to go for the go-with-anything bone. I'm so glad I did. I've never once regretted my purchase.

Time for the big reveal. Here's another shot of my purse, with a sippy cup next to it for perspective.
And here are the contents:
I'm pretty darn proud of all the crap I can pack into that little purse. It used to hold a diaper, too, before J potty trained. Everything definitely has its place--my purse is very organized.

Men would probably never understand this, but sharing the contents of your purse is a very personal thing. I think you can tell a lot about a woman by what she has in her bag. 

What do you think? Can you be defined by what's in your bag? Do you have impressive bag organization? Feel like sharing? Hop over to the makeYOUhappy flickr group and submit your purse photos. I'd love to learn more about you. 

(You can also email me your photos and I can post them on Flickr for you...or not. Your call.)