24 June 2010

father's day cards

Ideally I would have shown you this before Father's Day, so you'd have a chance to make one for yourself if desired. But I made it at the last minute, and then left on vacation, so it didn't get posted.

Sorry about that.

But it's still a great card for any guy, any time of year. Guy cards can be difficult, but I'm really happy with this one. And no, I didn't come up with it myself. I totally stole it from Cards Blog.

I will take credit for the color/pattern combos, though. I'm usually afraid of mixing patterns, but it worked well this time. 

Do you have any good ideas for guy cards? I'm always looking for new ones. Leave a comment with your idea or link, email me a photo, or submit your photo to the make YOU happy flickr group. I would love to see them!