28 June 2010

pipe cleaner sparklers

When I saw these 4th of July pipe cleaner sparklers on Make and Takes, I knew my little crafty girl would be all over them. I suggested it, showed her Marie's photos, and her whole face lit up. It's a good thing we had all the pipe cleaners on hand, because she wanted to make them right away.

There are step-by-step instructions on Make and Takes. I had H sort the pipe cleaners by color, select the appropriate colors for each sparkler, and hand me enough pipe cleaners for one sparkler at a time. I did the twisting (she tried, but tired of it quickly) and then she put her own spin on the "sparks."

I decided to bend the bottom of the handle up a little bit, to keep the end from being too sharp. Just be sure you tuck/smooth those wire ends in the twists.
We had enough pipe cleaners to make eight, so we did. H gave some to her friends, and kept enough for us to use on Sunday. What fun!

3 comments:

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

So great. I love them all bunched together. Have fun on the 4th!! And thanks for the link love.

house 09 said...

how fun! my baby girl would love to have one. thx for the tutorial ;))

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I love this idea! Quick, easy, and cute!
Rebecca@RootsAndWingsCo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...