19 October 2010

the freedom of chopped mushrooms

OK. You guys are probably going to think I'm crazy. I had this revelation...and I'm going to share it with you. 

Are you ready?





Mushrooms don't have to be sliced.





I know! Crazy talk, right? Why would anyone want to eat pepperoni and mushroom pizza without those cute little mushroom cross-sections? Who wants to look at chopped bits of mushroom on their salad? We spend hours of our lives meticulously slicing mushrooms to our desired thickness so we'll have these pretty, uniform little mushroom shapes.

But you know what?

They still taste the same. Even when they're chopped.

And it saves loads of time.

And that pizza? It still looks pretty tasty, doesn't it?


Thank you, Pioneer Woman, for showing me the way. Your recipe for mushroom swiss sliders has completely changed my culinary life. Oh, and those sliders? Darn good. You really know your way around the kitchen.

4 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I don't slice my mushrooms either on the whole. I love kitchen shortcuts like this.

My children aren't keen on mushrooms so sliced or chopped they still think yucky thoughts!

J I L L A I R E said...

Pampered Chef has an "egg slicer plus" that they suggest you use for slicing mushrooms, strawberries, etc. I think your usual egg slicer would be too weak with the wires, but theirs has actual blades. Just another option for the kitchen lazy out there. : )

Marisa said...

Ooh! I actually have one of those! It's been sitting in my cabinet. Never tried it. I should pull that out next time.

You're so smart, Jillaire. :)

Heather at Dragonfly Designs said...

Oh my gosh! Thank you! We are a mushroom loving household but slicing is often the bane of any mushroom dish... you have opened my culinary eyes. Oh and thanks for visiting my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...