28 January 2011

valentine-ing the house

I don't do much decorating for Valentine's day. I do more now than I did pre-kids. I probably didn't do any at all pre-kids. But it's nice to have some transitions between winter holidays and spring. 

I'm so not ready for flowers and spring things yet.

So I brightened up the dining table candles with a collection of white and glass containers.

 I stitched up a quick "LOVE" banner.
(Thanks to Erin for the felt banner inspiration.)
 Really quick. I had all the materials on hand and I think it took me two hours from start to finish.

Hung some melted crayon hearts.
(Again, thanks to Erin)
Photo tutorial here next week.

And tucked these little Target Dollar hearts around.


You know, this is one of my favorite spots in the house, but it is the most difficult spot to photograph.

And worked on Sweetpea's class valentines.
(More on those next week)

Do you decorate for Valentine's day?