27 December 2011

a week of much needed rest

 Countless gifts wrapped and unwrapped.
500 miles traveled over five different trips.
Thousands of memories made.

We were treated to a gorgeous sunrise on Christmas morning,

and even a few minutes of snowflakes during the opening of gifts.

And two days later, my living room still looks like this.
It probably will until New Year's day.
With every new toy they open, I try to convey just how fortunate these kids of mine are.
They don't get it yet. Not really.
But I keep trying.

On the to-do list for this week:
Many many thank you notes
Attempting to donate some older toys
Organization
Healthy eating
Exercise
(I've been abstaining from the last two for far too many days.)
And most importantly,
no driving.

We've got six days of no rushing before school starts.
I plan to lazily enjoy every one of them.
How about you?

3 comments:

ashinbleu said...

So glad I am not the only one who's house is filled with toys in the living room :D

I hear ya on the no stress/driving week before school starts again. I also saw that sunrise but chose to go running instead of capture it...glad someone did!

Have a great restful week!
AShleigh

Cathy said...

I just finished cleaning the front room this afternoon. Just trying to decide if I vacuum now or wait until the tree comes down because that might be a while. Glad you had a nice Christmas!

Sophie said...

Même programme ici, vie au ralenti, jeux toute la journée pour les enfants même si le nôtres sont plus grands (de 9 à 15 ans), je profite
J'aime beaucoup tes photos ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...