27 December 2011

a week of much needed rest

 Countless gifts wrapped and unwrapped.
500 miles traveled over five different trips.
Thousands of memories made.

We were treated to a gorgeous sunrise on Christmas morning,

and even a few minutes of snowflakes during the opening of gifts.

And two days later, my living room still looks like this.
It probably will until New Year's day.
With every new toy they open, I try to convey just how fortunate these kids of mine are.
They don't get it yet. Not really.
But I keep trying.

On the to-do list for this week:
Many many thank you notes
Attempting to donate some older toys
Organization
Healthy eating
Exercise
(I've been abstaining from the last two for far too many days.)
And most importantly,
no driving.

We've got six days of no rushing before school starts.
I plan to lazily enjoy every one of them.
How about you?