24 August 2012

237/366 the tiniest shell in all of hood river


We went to Waterfront Park in Hood River this morning. My girl loves beachcombing any chance she gets. After twenty minutes or so, she came running to me saying, “Mom! I found the tiniest shell ever!”

Uh huh, sure, I thought, until she showed it to me. Darned if it isn't the tiniest shell I've ever seen. So cute! 

Since I was getting some fun macro detail of her skin as she was holding it, I showed her on the LCD for a little science lesson. She'd been asking me about fingerprints earlier in the day, so we took some fingerprint photos and zoomed in to really see the detail. She found a new appreciation for my macro lens. :)

7 comments:

Lauralee said...

That really is so tiny! How cute! Love the zooming in.

Cathy said...

I love all things tiny. I even saved a mini ketchup bottle from our room service meal on our honeymoon. Weirdo. And the ketchup is probably totally disgusting now.

Deb said...

Love looking at your photos everyday! What kind of lens did you use to get this photo? Excellent close up shots!

Marisa said...

Thanks ladies!

Cathy, empty out the ketchup and save the bottle. :)

Deb, these photos were taken with a Nikon 105mm macro lens. I love it!

nana/ma said...

She probably did find the tiniest shell ever - visible without a magnifier of some kind ! Marvelous photos too! I love the skin detail!

Deb said...

Thanks for the lens info! I'm looking into getting my first macro lens, maybe a 100mm—I have a Canon T1i. Love to take close up shots of food and flowers. I, too, am doing a 365 project, so I appreciate and can relate to the time and effort you are putting into your project. Keep up the good work!

Marisa said...

Thanks so much Deb! I'd love to see your 365 if you feel like sharing. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...