22 October 2012

296/366 tea again

I promise I wasn't planning on posting about tea again. I woke up this morning excited about taking a picture of something, anything, other than myself! It was raining, so I planned to make the rain my subject, and waited for the afternoon for brighter light.

Then I went to the grocery store, sniffling all the way (working on virus #2, remember), when I stopped in the bulk tea section looking for something chai-like for Sweetpea. Way down on the bottom shelf I saw this jar labeled “Immuni-Tea” and I quickly snatched it up. Echinacea, goldenseal, calendula. . . I liked the sound of all of it because I am determined to kick this cold to the curb. I scooped up enough for the next few days and was taken by how beautiful the leaves, petals and peels looked together. I promptly forgot about the rain and started planning my shots on the drive home.

I'm not sure if it's the herbs, the caffeine, or placebo effect, but I felt better after the first cup. (Three or four cups per day is suggested.) After the second cup, I felt even better. My nose is still drippy, but I'm no longer congested. I have energy. I don't feel like a drowning slug. 

I'm a fan of not feeling like a drowning slug.