23 January 2013

snow


I've had a mild case of the flu since Sunday. Nothing horrible, but just enough to keep me close to the couch and dampen my ambition for getting anything done. 

But it snowed today. It hasn't snowed in weeks. And by the end of January, I start worrying that each snowfall will be the last of the season. So I got off the couch, dusted off my camera, and set out to catch some snowflakes.

I didn't get anything fantastic. I need to figure out the perfect temperature for capturing pretty snowflake crystals (not clumpy or rod-like crystals). I did find a few hexagonal flakes, which I'd never seen before. Can you see one in the second picture?

I also found that the color of my “teal” scarf is much more complex than it looks. Greens, blues, pinks, and purples. Such gorgeous yarn! I'll have to take a picture of it on sometime so you can see the macro vs. real life difference.