14 March 2014

only human

Only Human

The Flickr Friday prompt this week is “I'm Only Human”. I immediately thought of a close up image of my lips I took in 2012, and all the human imperfections revealed under the magnification of a macro lens. The light at the time was perfect for what I had in mind, so I set about taking a new shot, using all the knowledge I've gained in the last year and a half to improve on the first one. (Don't tell anyone, but the first lip shot was a happy accident. This one was fully intentional.)

I'm pulled in so many directions these days that I don't often feel inspired to take anything other than family record snapshots. It felt good this morning to spend some time working to achieve the shot I imagined. It was like exercising a neglected muscle. If only photography burned more calories. . .