02 December 2009

Recipe from a 5yr old

H handed me this just after I pulled a batch of Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (from my frozen stash) out of the oven. She said, "Here Mom. It's a recipe for the cookies. You should put it on your blog." How cute is that? I love that the oven is saying, "Beep beep beep."

But it got me thinking about my upcoming holiday bake-a-thon. I tend to do all my holiday cookie baking in one marathon day (with holiday music playing, of course), and keeping the kids occupied can be a challenge. They so desperately want to help, but that "help" lasts a very short time and often creates more work for me. So this year, when I'm mixing up some dough that I'd really like to do myself, I'm going to ask H to write up another recipe. Or maybe I'll have her do one for each type of cookie I make. You know, even if she creates a recipe for slime-filled mud pies, she'll be busy and entertained, and we'll both be happy. Now, if I can only find something to do with J...