19 May 2010

fun kid lunch (or breakfast): raspberry toast!

IMG_9622blog

Do you ever have one of those moments when your husband totally surprises you? I am, by far, the creative one in our partnership. But when Hubs took on the job of making breakfast for the kids this past weekend, I was blown away by his creativity.

IMG_9611blog

I can't believe I didn't think to do this before. It's so simple--just peanut butter and raspberries on toast. But to make it fun, he halved the raspberries, placed them in a grid pattern, and cut between the berries. This created bite-sized pieces that both kids went nuts for! Genius.

IMG_9613blog

Nice job, Honey!



On another note, if you enjoyed my good finds post on Monday, you will love this post from Genelle at Sleepless in Sandy. She had some incredible finds--including a fabulous blue cake plate and finding matching cup&saucer and canister set at two different stores! 

She's got lots of other fun tips and recipes, too. Check it out!