12 October 2010

briny olive & artichoke bean dip


I was looking for an easy lunch. Since I had that jar of artichoke hearts sitting in the fridge, I decided to make a new bean dip. It has three, count 'em, THREE ingredients.


My typical bean dip base is a can of beans, olive oil, and lemon juice. But since these were marinated artichoke hearts, I figured I could just use the oil and vinegar they were soaking in to saucify the beans. (Yes, I just made that word up.)

So I rinsed and drained the beans, and threw them in the food processor. 
Then I added the artichoke marinade.

I puréed them.

Then I added the artichoke hearts and a handful of salty olives to the food processor.

I pulsed the food processor until the dip reached my desired consistency.
I was obviously going for a chunky dip.

Et voilà.
Three-ingredient bean dip, hearty crackers, and some fruit.
Lunch is served.

The dip is tangy & briny, light & cool. I didn't try this, but I bet you could warm it and it would be comparable to those ultra-rich artichoke dips, but significantly healthier.

Fun fact for the day:
This is my 300th post!
I can barely stand to look at some of those early posts. I'm still a novice photographer, but I've learned a lot since I started blogging. Practice really does help...

Don't forget to enter the rose earring giveaway
Deadline for entries is Wednesday, October 13th at 11:59pm pacific time.