14 July 2011

photo friday. nine. every hour on the hour.

 6am. Washing sheets. It's our first week sans nighttime pull-ups.

 7am. Editing blog photos before the munchkins wake up.

 8am. Breakfast.

 9am. Trucks.

 10am. Wildflowers.

 11am. Fort.

 12pm. Library.

 1pm. Waterfront Park with friends.

 2pm. Waterfront Park with friends. Chatting with Lia.

 3pm. Groceries. The kids were so worn out from the park that they actually behaved.

 4pm. Recharge.

 5pm. Email/Facebook/Google Reader catch-up while kids watch Electric Company from the fort.

 6pm. Dinner prep.

 7pm. Finishing dinner. Homemade double decker tacos. Yum.

 8pm. Serious talks with Hubs.

 9pm. Female child finally asleep.

 10pm. Jump start on tomorrow's Reader posts.

11pm. Bedtime for Mama.
(Pitch black outside. One second shutter.)
I didn't even realize my neighbor's boat was parked there until the photo showed up on my lcd. 
I was blown away.

This week has been a chaotic roller coaster of emotions. 
Worst week I've had in a long time.
But even when I can't control the chaos around me,
I can control the settings on my camera.
The photographs I make.
And that tiny little piece of control gives me a tiny little piece of calm.
My camera was my rock this week.