21 January 2012

21/366 three second shutter


The power was out for about 20 hours this time. It went out about 9:30 last night, after which I got supremely bored and began taking some long exposure shots out my living room window. Hubs laughed at me when I got excited about a car driving down the street, but I knew exactly what would happen. I would get a super awesome shot with those headlights streaking through. I love how the light reflects off the icicles.


We woke up this morning to a chilly house, and a visible sheet of ice outside. Hubs chipped the ice away in a shady spot and we moved food from the almost-warm fridge to little snow caves. The temperature warmed, the sun came out, and the ice started melting. By afternoon, the layer of ice was gone, so we went out to the grocery store. By the time we came back, we had electricity. Hooray for around-the-clock PUD techs!