02 January 2012

2/366 root beer cookies

Image taken with our old Canon S5iS (with a little help from Lightroom) while my D7000 is in for repairs.

I made root beer cookies today. One of my favorites. I could make a batch of this frosting and eat it with a spoon. It is all about the frosting, folks. The recipe comes from the wonderful Lindsey of Cafe Johnsonia.

(Oh, and those shoes aren't mine. Hubs was out cleaning up the deck. And the table is angled to make room for his workout this morning. I love having a hard working hubby.)

Sweetpea and I were discussing how we would use this frosting on a cake. I'm thinking vanilla cake, root beer frosting, maybe some white sprinkles on top? Or a fat swirl of white butter cream in the middle? Sweetpea thought we should put whipped cream on top. Perhaps.