09 June 2012

161/366 lego casualty

Saturday, 3:19pm

A Lego man was found dead on Bamboo Street. A yellow bucket truck was abandoned at the scene; the driver is nowhere to be found. The Coast Guard and Army are investigating nearby waters. The officer in charge appears to be a construction worker wearing an armored helmet. He has yet to comment. We will update you as soon as we have any more information.

“Mom, look! I used the Lego man's pants as a double shooting gun!”

I love seeing him using imagination and creativity, but he's been focused on guns, missiles, and explosions lately. I'm totally out of my element. I know it's normal boy testosterone, but it makes me cringe every time.

5 comments:

Sophie said...

je ne suis pas sûre et certaine que les garçons doivent aimer les armes ;) je pense que c'est plutôt un ensemble, la société... moi non plus, je n'apprécie pas que mes élèves détournent leurs jeux en armes (je peux me permettre d'interdire en classe, chez eux, ils font ce qu'ils veulent), mes fils n'ont jamais vraiment aimé les armes, mais ça leur est arrivé à eux aussi de détourner leurs Lego pour ça (ils vont avoir 16 ans, ils ont énormément de Lego et y jouent toujours !! j'adore aussi la créativité dont ils savent faire preuve ;) )

Cathy said...

Pants as a double shooting gun? Your child is a Lego genius! I'll have to pass that one on to my little guy.

Marisa said...

I'm sure it depends on the individual child, Sophie. But I have tried very hard to raise my girl and my boy equally, to avoid gender biases. She has gravitated to very girly things, and he is all about vehicles and engineering. My Psychology professors led me to believe that shouldn't happen! I have also tried to limit their exposure to violence, yet they both used violence in their imaginary play from ages 3-5. Little brains are fascinating!

MelissaS said...

oh, the testosterone! I have two boys - 8 and 3 and they are filled with it :) It's very disturbing to me to see my little one wield a Nerf gun like a pro!

Your son's use of the lego pants as a gun is genius! My 8 year old will love that idea :)

Sophie said...

yes Marisa, it's also depends on the individuals ;) surely,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...