You guys, this blog has hit the skids. Let's take a look at how the demise of this blog came about:
- I started it four years ago as 1) a writing exercise and 2) a place to share my crafty things and recipes.
- Documenting and sharing crafty things and recipes got hard, and had the potential to get expensive.
- I promised myself I wouldn't spend any money on the blog unless I was making money from the blog.
- I considered placing ads. But I never click on blog ads, so why would I expect you to?
- I found there were gazillions of other blogs out there just like mine.
- I am not a competitive person.
- I found I liked taking pictures of things for the blog.
- I bought a fancy camera.
- I became focused on learning my fancy camera, and really enjoyed it.
- I started and completed a daily photography project in 2012; a “366” because it was a leap year.
- Comments declined, big time.
- I lost readers because I changed format. Totally understandable.
- It didn't really bother me that people stopped reading/commenting, because I was determined to finish my project. But then I did finish, and I didn't know what to do next.
- In the fall of 2012, I had both kids in school.
- With both kids in school, my involvement in the school increased significantly.
- My time became less disposable, more valuable.
- In 2013, this blog all but dropped off my list of priorities.
So here we are. Or here I am. I know some family members and friends still check in, but there probably aren't many others. And I miss this space. I miss composing random thoughts and letting them free onto the internet. I think about sharing my new shampoo with you because I'm so excited to have finally found something that doesn't irritate my scalp, but isn't that silly if no one is listening? If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it. . . you know?
So here's what I'm thinking. This blog needs a new chapter, that's kind of like the first chapter. Writing exercises, sharing random thoughts, making it all about TODAY and what's going on around here TODAY. Posts will likely be infrequent, but I'm not ready to give up on this little blog. So add me to a reader or check on Facebook for new posts, if you want. If not, that's ok, too. I'll just keep sending my random thoughts out to the internet to see if anyone catches them. At the end of the day, that's enough for me.
Until next time, my friend. May today treat you well. I'm off to reconcile some statements and work on a Blurb book until it's time to pick up the kids.