16 April 2010

another artichoke pizza idea

IMG_7886blog

Last week, I told you about my chicken artichoke pizza. I love artichoke pizza! I bought a bunch of marinated artichoke hearts, because they were on sale. So when my friend Jillaire brought me a big container of feta cheese (in the same bag as last week's parsley), I knew I had to make this pizza.

This is a classic for Hubs and me. We began fixing it early on in our marriage, in an attempt to copy a pizza I remembered from college. (What was the name of that place? Pizza Planet? No, that's from Toy Story. It was in the Fishbowl--EMU--at University of Oregon in 2000. Anybody remember?)

The kids aren't too fond of it, but they'll usually pick off what they don't like and eat the rest. 

Here's the rundown: 
  • Crust of your choice
  • Layer of pesto
  • Feta
  • Red onion slices
  • Artichoke hearts
  • Kalamata olives
Optional (not pictured, but usually added):
  • Sliced mushrooms
  • Diced tomatoes
  • Fresh spinach leaves (or thawed frozen spinach, squeezed dry)
It's a little on the salty side, but in a good way. Nummy.
IMG_7880blog