05 April 2010

a card for baby and recycled map wrapping

IMG_7244psblog
Hello, lovely readers! I'm back. The kids and I had a wonderful spring break, full of activities, playdates, and potty training! J is this close to being done with diapers, and I am so excited.

Speaking of diapers, I wanted to show you this card that I made to welcome my new baby nephew. I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. H found a little piece of wood on one of our "nature walks" (you know, around the neighborhood to get the mail) and encouraged me to use it for a card. Um...OK...sure. But I was able to chip a tiny piece off of it to use for the swing. It worked, and she was happy. :)

In keeping with my goal to use only recycled things for wrapping gifts, I found some old maps from Hubs' Army days. I thought these would be perfect for the new son (and toddler son) of an Air Force pilot.
IMG_7456blog
Wondering what was in those boxes? Well, big brother got a new toy car. Baby brother got a book and a handmade gift from me. Check back tomorrow for pics, and a hint for Wednesday's surprise...